ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #17
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Clone Wars Animated Thread.

Got some loose figures from Ebay. First up, Captain Argyus. This guy is all sorts of awesome. The paint application is great and the head sculpt is one of the best IMO. The helmet is a really soft plastic. His character was so arrogant on the show. One of the best in the CW line!

Next, Cad Bane. Where Argyus was all sorts of awesome, Cad Bane is all sorts of let-down. No ankle, knee or wrist articulation. The arms are super skinny, and the tubes on his arms seem really fragile, like they're gonna snap at any moment. (This is one of the few times when I wish it weren't so cartoon accurate.) The sculpt is nice, as are his accessories. As a model, he's great, but as a toy, not so much.

Fully Articulated Obi-Wan. Finally! Still uses T-crotch, but whatever. So cool. Everything is the same from the previous release, except with a cloth skirt, better articulation, darker light saber, no battle damage and slightly different hair (I swapped heads with my single carded Obi-Wan cause the one I got was marked up.)

Count Dooku. Full Articulation. Best of all, there is no T-crotch and instead there are ball-hinged legs! Really awesome figure. (though now I'm annoyed why they didn't do this for the Jedi, but whatever.)

Cloth cape is cool, but sort of gets in the way, so I swapped it with the single carded cape. Not sure which I like better.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping